Thursday, January 24, 2019

Large Quilt Blocks

       Would you like to see what I have been working on?  You know my hobbies? Well yes, I know I have been away for a very very loooong time.  My apologies.  I have been very hmmmm busy, sort of. And sometimes not so busy. Okay, no excuses really.  I have some pictures of a couple of large quilt blocks I have been working on since Jan. 2019.  I am doing a block of the week with Pat Sloan.  Not sure I will do all the blocks as they come out but the ones I do I will post a picture. I have an idea of a wall hanging I want to do with one of the blocks. I am still mulling it over.  I'll fill you in when I figure it out for sure.
     
 This is the first block I thought it came out quit good.  I was surprised at how nice my points are.  I had been having problems with my light weight brother.(I think I wore it out over the last few years).  My sister (bless her) she loaned me one of her light weight brother machines and now I can sew much straighter lol. 
 This is another block which I am really quit proud of.  Not bragging, just estatic about how nice it looks.  My center block, ironically was not suppose to have perfect points.  For some reason I got on point great the others not so great, but none of them looked like the pattern ha go figure. the thing about this block is how I fussy cut the oval shape with the flowers in the middle and then I appliqued it onto the on point square.
It is difficult to see, but I did a zig-zag around it in white.  I am wanting to do more with the applique Maybe a wall hanging; like I mentioned above. 

Tell me what you think in the comment section below.


Thank you so much for visiting my happy place. Please come again.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this. Such bright and pretty colors. I think it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonni I think it is going to be pretty when it is done. And to think I have small HST from all over this country and the world. love it!

      Delete
  2. Patty these are lovely. I love how you did the oval applique.

    ReplyDelete